Sunday, August 3, 2014

You Say Goodbye, and I Say Hello

We spent a few days on the beach, reflecting on the last year of our lives in intentional community, the hardships, the growth, the pain, and the relationships. We told each other a bunch of beautiful, true things and were given space to listen to ourselves and to one another. We also spent a lot of time in the ocean...

Our team then headed home to Lyons Avenue to move all our furniture downstairs, creating an empty void in a space we once occupied so well. Taylor left with her mom. The rest of us stayed up all night watching (or sleeping through) movies on the only furniture we had left: two mattresses we made into couches. 








The next day we said goodbye to Heather, then Charlie, then Red and I parted ways. 



The transition to Phoenix was actually a beautiful, relatively smooth process for me. 

My brother greeted me at the airport and took me out for a margarita. Then I was able to go home and sit in my room with Mojo, Emily, my brother Mark and my sister Amanda, and it felt so much like community that I knew everything was going to be alright. 


The monsoons came over the next few days, and I cuddled with my dog and went on a walk through this familiar neighborhood, this place I will be leaving soon. 



Emily and I will be moving out on September 1st into our new community home. I am cleaning my room, simplifying, saying goodbye to old pieces of nostalgia, ready to start a new season of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment