Thursday, April 17, 2014

Subtle Beauty

I want to see the world in such a way that the beauty overwhelms the not-so-beautiful.
I want to see Light.

This week has been hard.
But it has also been full of beauty.

This week we said goodbye to Blue, the cat who has been living in the bushes by our apartment door.
We buried him this morning.

That was hard.

While that pain lingers, I see Life happening around me, in me, and through me.
And I have reasons to celebrate.

Taylor gave me a tattoo for my birthday.
The Chambered Nautilus.


"Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul,
As the swift seasons roll!
Leave thy low-vaulted past!
Let each new temple, nobler than the last,
Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast,
Till thou at length art free,
Leaving thine outgrown shell by life’s unresting sea!"
- Olive Wendell Holmes
 And the subtle Light in my neighborhood is sometimes staggering.
 



I have reasons to celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment